Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Workshop Seven Blog

Monday, I was using the projector and my computer to watch a media clip for science class about using shadows to help you find directions. We were pausing the video to do discussion about content and to fill in our graphic organisers. As we discussed shadowgrams, and filled in a blank, my students queried me 'Miss L, is shadowgram a compound word?'

Yes! They'd remembered a prior lesson and we're applying the knowledge to a separate situation independently! I was excited. They knew the skill and could apply it.


• Reflect on the skills used as a result of your learning so far that you are applying to promote an effective method of applying
the modern instructional technology and producing instructional media and aids into teaching.

I learned how to use PowerPoint and other presentations in high school and college, but these basic programs have evolved to include so many different applications to the classroom than ever before. I've been able to try some of the ideas given in the class to the classroom with great success. One thing I'm planning to do is use Photo Story 3 as a final project with my students and their publishing part of the writing process. We work through the process of writing a rough draft fiction story on paper, then move to typing up our first drafts on the computer. Once students have typed their final draft I want them to use Photo Story 3 to narrate and illustrate their story.


• What do you expect are the students’ affective outcomes from using these forms of technology?

Well, specifically with using Photo Story 3, I expect them to be able to identify and produce the steps of the writing process from Pre-Writing to Publishing. If you look at the NETs students will be completing Creativity and Innovation, Communication and Collaboration and Technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment